When it’s Time to Switch car Insurance Provider
There’s plenty of fish in the ever-growing car insurance sea in Saudi Arabia — except most people might be actually hesitant to take a leap out of their comfort zone.
Thing is, insurance can be overwhelming for a lot of us. We understand that you don’t want to skim through another impossible-to-read policy, or don’t want to pay more than what you already do. You might think you’re dodging a bullet this way? If so, think again! As a matter of fact, this could put a serious dent in your wallet.
So what are the signs you should be looking out? Read our list of 6 signs that mean it’s time for a reconsideration.
Compare Car insurance quotesGet a quote
Why should I change my insurance policy?
- Wider coverage: Insurance is a competitive market. Companies are always trying to one-up their competitors’ services by offering perks and freebies to consumers. Take advantage of the situation, and seize the chance to upgrade your policy with free benefits such as roadside assistance, GCC cover, and more.
- Lower rates: Even if you landed the best deal when you first signed up for insurance, the formulas insurers use to set insurance rates change frequently. Consider obtaining and comparing quotes from a car insurance website, just in case there is a lower rate out there.
- You Just Moved: If you move locations, especially to a new region, your old insurance company based in urban Riyadh might not cover the outskirts or Taif. What’s more, you might also be commuting more (or less), which would also affect your rates.
- Adding a new driver to your policy: Adding drivers can cause your rates to shoot up. When you add a driver, including any teen drivers, you should look for policies that provide you with the additional coverage you need without costing you an arm and a leg.
- Buying or adding a new car to your policy: As you will quickly learn, different cars cost different amounts to insure. Typically, a flagship luxury vehicle will substantially cost more than insuring a 2008 Toyota Camry.
- Experiencing poor customer service: After sales service plays an important role in customer satisfaction and customer retention. If your queries are not handled properly or it takes ages for your claim to be processed, switch to a hassle-free service that meets your needs.
When should I change my insurance provider?
If any of these seem familiar, wakeel won’t leave you hanging, either! While it may sound tedious to hunt around for the best deals, using an online car insurance comparison platform can help you obtain and compare car insurance prices in Saudi Arabia.
There’s more good news: you don’t have to wait for your current policy to expire to switch. If you paid for your policy but decide to switch after six months, your insurer should reimburse you for the remaining six months’ worth of coverage. Learn more about Cancelling Your Car Insurance: Everything You Need to Know.