Fathers day guide to cheap car insurance
Father’s Day is upon us! Father’s Day, celebrated around the world on the third Sunday of every June, is a celebration honoring fatherhood. Essentially, fathers play a big role in providing bread, protection, and guidance to their families. As your children become ready to paddle their own canoe, great responsibilities are ahead of you. Particularly, helping them determine their path, manage their money, and even driving a car. Surely, handing your child the car keys for the first time strikes some fear over safety and the added cost of insuring a novice driver. Namely, because cars are the family’s most expensive and dangerous possessions. If you are looking for a way to reduce car insurance rates and cover your child behind the wheel, wakeel can certainly help. Let us guide you to the best & cheapest car insurance in Saudi Arabia for teen drivers, read on!
Can I Add Family Under My Car Insurance?
It goes without saying, that purchasing another insurance policy for drivers aged 17-25 years in Saudi Arabia is expensive. As a result, parents prefer to share their insured car with their children, which allows novice drivers to experiment and learn from their mistakes without breaking the family’s savings. Another advantage is, you can make the most of your own insurance and extend its coverage to your children. To do this, you have to list them as additional drivers on your car insurance policy. The main benefit, in fact, is saving up on insurance since factors that can reduce rates applies to you like:
Let’s also make it clear that, once you list additional drivers to your policy they will be fully covered by insurance. Moreover, each driver will be liable for any accidents they’re involved in. Rest assured that, any raised claims will not affect your insurance history and your eligibility to receive NCD. However, if someone who’s not named an additional driver borrows your car and causes an accident, then you will be liable to compensate the third party.
How Much Does it Cost to Add a Novice Additional Driver in Saudi?
Generally, most car insurance companies in Saudi Arabia charge extra for additional drivers under the age of 25. Nonetheless, some insurance companies will list additional drivers under the age of 25 under an insurance policy free of charge; provided that they hold a valid driver’s license. So, this might be a good time to change your insurance or compare competitive car insurance offers in Saudi Arabia.
How Can I Reduce Insurance Rates with a Novice Driver?
Of course, you can see clearly now that Saudi insurance companies use specific criteria to determine their rates. The youth category represents the highest age group on the risk index. Typically, young drivers record the highest accident rates due to their inexperience. So here’s what you can do to get the cheapest car insurance:
- Make sure to compare insurance policies in Saudi – compare third-party insurance rates & comprehensive insurance rates at once!
- Re-evaluate those “nice-to-have” add-ons – if you give some up you can save up more!
- Raise your deductible – that’s the amount you pay before the insurance company takes care of paying any cost. Believe it or not, doubling the deductible can help you lower the overall policy price.
- Share driving your insured car – kill two birds with one stone!
- Opt for a used car – Used car insurance tends to cost you less.
- Or look for an economic car – insurance companies charge higher fees for cars with high-tech features and advanced software.
- Encourage your family to abide by the rules of traffic safety and driving ethics.