Car ready for a road trip in Saudi
Driving long distances is a way of life for many for most Saudis — whether you’re commuting for work, or heading off on a road trip with the family. But with each journey, we learn anew the value of preparation! Trust us, a little preventative maintenance and a comprehensive car insurance policy can go a long way in ensuring a smooth and enjoyable drive in or outside Saudi!
For first-timers, here are some helpful tips to ensure your long drive is smooth, safe, and full of fun!
Before any long drive, make sure your car is in good condition
No matter the destination, you should take care of the car that will get you there—and back. A breakdown is the last thing you want on your road trip, especially if a few pre-journey checks would have avoided the problem.
Pre-long drive car checks
- Check the pressure in all tires, including the spare one!
- Ensure proper tread depth and no cracks or bulges.
- Make sure all headlights, fog lights, brake lights, turn signals, and hazard lights are working properly.
- Windshield & Wipers:
- Inspect for cracks or chips in the windshield.
- Check wiper blades for streaking and good condition.
- Top up windshield washer fluid.
- Fluid Levels:
- Check engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, and power steering fluid levels.
- Refer to your car’s manual for recommended levels and top up if needed.
Prep your car for a comfy drive
- Clean your car. Give your car a good scrub, inside and out. Toss in a small garbage bag to keep things tidy on the go.
- Add some tint or shade. If your windows are not tinted yet, do yourself a favor! Shades or tints will keep the car interior cool and protect from that annoying sun glare, especially on those long summer drives.
- Sandblasting paint. Get a sandblasting paint coating on the front of your car. This acts like a shield against windblown sand at high speeds, saving your paint job!
Packing and Organization
- Luggage: Pack smart to avoid overloading. Pro tip: Try not to put luggage over the car. It creates air friction and slows you down – bringing more gas
- Emergency Kit: Toss in a roadside emergency kit – flares, jumper cables, a first-aid kit, and basic tools. Check your car insurance; many include roadside assistance. Get that RSA number or app ready for any surprises!
- Entertainment: Download your favorite music or podcasts – it keeps you alert and makes the long-distance fly by.
- Snacks and Drinks: Pack your munchies to skip those unnecessary frequent pit stops.
- Navigation: Download an offline map to your phone to stay on track even if you lose internet connection.
- Fuel Up Early. Don’t wait until the last drop – fill up when you’re halfway there. No one needs the stress of running on fumes during a road trip.
- Cash is still king. Keep some cash handy for coffee breaks and snack attacks.
- Stay covered, wherever you go. And if you’re driving outside Saudi – Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, or Oman – then it’s worth adding a GCC cover to your comprehensive car insurance. It will provide you with complete peace of mind during your trip.
Be prepared for the expected!
No matter where you travel, protect your car and your pocket with comprehensive insurance. A breakdown in the in the middle of the road? No worries, rely on Roadside Assistance to get you back on track. Got into an accident while driving outside Saudi – no sweat, your GCC coverage has your back! Your car insurance company will pay for repairs once you’re back in Saudi.
A little preventative maintenance and good insurance can go a long way in ensuring a smooth and enjoyable journey. Get the perfect car insurance in minutes! Use a comparison website to get detailed quotes, and compare car insurance prices online from multiple insurance providers in Saudi. Compare your options independently, easily, and effortlessly!