What to do after a car accident in Saudi to claim Insurance?
Most folks dread the thought of getting into a car accident, even a small one. But the stats say if you’re a driver, the odds of being in one are pretty high! It’s that sudden moment of finding yourself in this spot that can be quite overwhelming. But don’t stress! We’re here to guide you through handling a car accident in Saudi Arabia for those with TPL or comprehensive insurance.
5 key steps to take after a car accident in Saudi
First things first, ensure everyone’s okay, then check the involved cars. Move cars away from the traffic flow to a safe spot to prevent further chaos. Then, follow these steps:
#1 Report the Accident
When there’s a car accident in Saudi Arabia, “Najm” steps in if at least one party has valid car insurance. But if an accident leads to any serious injuries or death — that’s Muroor’s job! Additioanlly, Muroor handles accidents for uninsured drivers in Saudi.
To report a car accident in Saudi Arabia, use the Najm app or call 92000056.
#2 Document Accident
Najm’s remote review system makes handling accidents in Saudi Arabia a breeze. Instead of waiting around for Najm’s surveyor, you can fill out details yourself and snap pictures of the accident from all angles to show the damage. If you’ve got a dashcam, that’s gold for helping sort things out in the accident report.
After this, Najm issues a report that includes information about the involved parties, where and when the accident happened, and the damage to the cars. Skipping these steps could make it tough to fix your car or claim insurance money in Saudi Arabia!
After getting the accident report
Before you leave the scene, make sure your car is still good to drive. Sometimes it’s best to call roadside assistance or a towing service.
#3 Visit an accident evaluation center
Once you’ve got the accident report from Najm, it’s time to book a slot at one of their approved evaluation centers. Before they check the damage, you’ll need to pay SAR 172.5. Worry not, you can later claim this amount back from your insurance! Once the evaluation is done, you’ll receive a detailed report with information listing all the damage, repair costs, and what spare parts you’ll need.
Quick tip: If you end up needing a tow truck to haul your car to the evaluation center, hold onto that invoice. Tack it onto your insurance claim to make sure you get compensated for it.
#4 File your car insurance claim online
Once you’ve ticked all those boxes, send your claim to your insurance company. Doing it online is takes less time and effort! Grab all your accident documents, like the report, evaluation, and invoices, and attach them to the claim form along with your bank account IBAN.
If the other driver’s at fault, send your claim their way. They’ll cover the damages and injuries. If it’s on you, file it with your car insurance. They’ll handle your car repairs after you pay the deductible.
#5 Get your insurance money
Once insurance gives the thumbs up to your claim, the cash lands in your bank account. Then you’re free to fix your car at a workshop or dealership, as per your insurance terms. Usually, you’ll get the cash within 15 business days. If your settlement is delayed, file a complaint with SAMA—they supervise all car insurance companies in Saudi Arabia.
Safety tips on the road
- Be a courteous driver, and respect the right of way of everyone. When other drivers have the right of way, be sure to yield to them. Also, don’t make the mistake of assuming that everyone else will yield to you when they should.
- Stunt driving and over-speeding are purely reckless and major causes of car accidents in Saudi Arabia annually.
- Stay actively alert, look ahead for potential hazards and they won’t catch you by surprise. Moreover, be aware of blind spots and red runners, vehicles can appear almost out of nowhere very quickly.
- Do not tailgate, leave a suitable distance between you and the car in front of you to allow you to respond to anything you may encounter.
- Don’t get distracted. Sending text messages is not the only risky distraction that drivers need to refrain from behind the wheel. Changing songs on your phone, making calls, eating, or interacting with passengers are just a few examples of the types of distractions you should avoid when driving.
Are you covered?
Having solid car insurance after a car accident in Saudi Arabia can make a huge difference. It’s not just about money protection; it’s about feeling secure too. To find the best and most pocket-friendly insurance, our tip is to use reliable price comparison websites. They make it super easy to compare different car insurance providers and their offerings at once. Don’t leave your safety to chance – invest in comprehensive car insurance and use a price comparison website to find the best deal for your needs.