What to do after a car accident in Saudi to claim Insurance?
A car accident in Saudi can be stressful especially in dealing with insurance, Traffic dept. Here are steps on “What to do after a car accident in Saudi…
Car accidents have long been acknowledged as a “civilized societies’ epidemic.” Saudi Arabia, which once had the highest rate, successfully recorded a steady decline attributed to the introduction of road safety measures through Vision 2030.
Luckily, most of the accidents today are minor and don’t always end in causalities. We pray that you and your loved ones be always safe. Nevertheless, a car accident in KSA deems a certain set of procedures set for the accidents covered by Najm insurance services.
In the wake of a car accident, there are certain steps to take in order to protect your rights, abide by the law, and get the insurance claim process started. wakeel will walk you through the entire process:
After a car accident, take these actions
- Immediate action: Turn your car’s hazardous lights on, and make sure you and others are unharmed. In case of grievous injuries that need immediate medical attention, call 997.
- File a report: Alert Najm through their Najm application or 92000056 about the accident and your whereabouts. In the meantime, prepare necessary official documents like registration license, driving license, and an insurance policy all should be valid and unexpired.
- Start documenting: Scan the road before stepping out of your vehicle, and start documenting. Najm will ask you to take pictures of the scene from various angles, including damage to all vehicles, the road, or intersections. Additionally, it is good to take pictures of anything that could have influenced the accidents such as relevant road signs or road conditions.
- Move your vehicle to the side: Avoid obstructing the traffic, remaining in the middle road could easily lead to a chain accident. Remember to secure your vehicle to a safe location, but be careful not to drive away from the scene or it will be considered a “hit-and-run” case.
- Wait for Najm: As soon as Najm inspector arrives, he’ll examine the situation and listen to what you have got to say; never indicate you are at fault. The inspector will determine the level of liability for each party and issue a report.
How long does Najm take to arrive?
If you call Najm after a minor car accident, it might take an hour or more for a surveyor to arrive. Nonetheless, it’s important to wait for them. If no one got hurt and the damage is minor, you can report the accident through Najm’s mobile application.
Once Najm’s work is done, you should receive the following three documents from the inspector:
- Vehicle repair permit.
- Damage assessment report.
- Notice of review to the insurance company (in some cases).
To start the claims process
- Use Najm digital services. Najm has developed an advanced electronic system to facilitate all post-accident procedures in Saudi Arabia. To start your claim, you will need to prepare the following documents:
- A vehicle repair permit is a document that legally allows the repair of a damaged vehicle. Previously, Muroor issued repair permission. Now, you can easily issue and print your car repair permit from the Najm website.
- A damage assessment report estimates how much a damaged vehicle is worth and how much it will cost to repair the damage. To obtain your report, visit an accredited Accident Assessment Center, like Taqdeer.
- Next, contact the insurance company for compensation within two business days after the date of the accident, along with the repair estimates and the notice of review to the insurance company.
Time limit for car insurance claim settlement in Saudi Arabia
- Claim compensation: the payment of compensation will be effected in a maximum period of fifteen (15) days from the date of completing all the documents required or as per the instructions of SAMA. If a delay occurs you can make a complaint through SamaCares.
Use Najm remote review system for minor road accidents
Najm has added a new feature that allows users to report minor accidents remotely. This new service seeks to minimize waiting time and effort, allowing you to report minor traffic accidents easily through the application, instead of waiting for the police to arrive at the scene. But, keep in mind that the new service is only available under the following conditions:
- One of the parties involved in the accident must have a valid car insurance policy.
- No injuries or fatalities at the time of the accident
- Najm services must cover the accident location.
How to report minor accidents on Najm’s app
You can use Najm app to report minor accidents. Here are the steps to follow:
- First, download Najm app.
- Second, open the app and select the ‘report traffic accident’ service.
- Next, fill in the required information in the provided fields.
- After that, start identifying and documenting the damages to your vehicle.
- Finally, submit the request.
This initiative is part of Najm’s strategy to develop motor insurance services in the Kingdom and accelerate the digital transformation of the sector. Learn more about How Najm’s Remote Review System Works
Safety tips on the road
- Be a courteous driver, and respect the right of way of everyone. When other drivers have the right of way, be sure to yield to them. Also, don’t make the mistake of assuming that everyone else will yield to you when they should.
- Stunt driving and over-speeding are purely reckless and major causes of car accidents in Saudi Arabia annually.
- Stay actively alert, look ahead for potential hazards and they won’t catch you by surprise. Moreover, be aware of blind spots and red runners, vehicles can appear almost out of nowhere very quickly.
- Do not tailgate, leave a suitable distance between you and the car in front of you to allow you to respond to anything you may encounter.
- Don’t get distracted. Sending text messages is not the only risky distraction that drivers need to refrain from behind the wheel. Changing songs on your phone, making calls, eating, or interacting with passengers are just a few examples of the types of distractions you should avoid when driving.
Are you covered?
A proper insurance policy will work as a safety net for you and your car against misfortune. Saudi price comparison platform, wakeel, offers you a safe and efficient way of buying the right insurance policy for your car. Get detailed quotes, and compare car insurance prices online from multiple insurance providers in Saudi. Compare your options independently, easily, and effortlessly! wakeel is always in your corner.
Learn more about car insurance policies on our blog, and compare car insurance prices in Saudi Arabia.